Norfolk Landmark, April 7, 1907


Weather -- Northeast stormsInfrastructure -- Public : CollegesTransportation -- Railroad - TrolliesInfrastructure -- Public : Churches

Eastville, Va., April 6 -- After a few days of bright weather this section is in the grip of another fierce northeaster.

The Eastern Shore Chapter of Alumni of the University of Virginia will hold an annual meeting at Accomack C. H., next Saturday, Jefferson's birthday. Professor Ormond Stone, of the University, will deliver an address.

The survey for route of the trolley line from Onancock to Accomack C. H., is being made by Mr. Reudiger, the county surveyor. A new stock company for a line from the thriving village of Wachapreague to Onley and Onancock has been organized and will proceed to secure subscriptions to the stock. The new company is known as the Chesapeake and Atlantic Light and Power Company. The officers are: E. T. Powell, president, and Mr. J. W. Kellam, M. R. Bullman, W. A. Burton, A. J. McMath, A. H. G. Mears, B. T. Gunter, J. L. Savage, C. S. Savage, S. T. Parks, J. F. Parks, J. W. Rogers and S. A. Ames.

A Baptist church will be organized at Exmore on the 11th inst. Rev. P. W. Hamlett, of that denomination, has been preaching at that point for some months past.

Norfolk Landmark
Norfolk, Virginia
April 7, 1907